SSA-1.1

Bertrand de Batz Bertrand.deBatz at obspm.fr
Thu Apr 28 08:09:07 PDT 2011

Petr Skoda wrote :

> So what I would suggest in TARGETNAME is to
> 1) strip spaces befre and after string

OK

> 2) ignore case

like Myron, I think that is a usually a bad idea.

Simbad do that and it is difficult to find some stars with the web interface
(you have to wrote a * before).

If you ask with identifier "z Pub" (a Be star B3Vne) Simbad answers with
V* Z Pup (a Mira type star M4e)
If you ask "r Pup" (Be B1.5IIIe) Simbad returns V* R Pup (F9Ia)
If you ask "z Her" (Be Bpshe) Simbad returns V* Z Her (F8V)
etc ...

In our Be database BeSS it is possible to decide to fold UPPER to LOWER when
only "z Pub" is a Be Stars, but in general case it is not correct.

B. de Batz