Fwd: Light curves in the IVOA

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 22 14:42:00 PDT 2010

Another point - The problem here is really time series, of which a
light curve is only one example.  Of course it is the most common
one, but in general time series analysis and time series data in an
archive can have anything on the Y axis.  The UCD can say what this
quantity is.  The same is true for spectra, and the model already
supports this.  (Hence for example SLiCAP is not the right name for
the general time series interface).

In some specific context such as a VOEvent it might be appropriate
to restrict the data to a simple light curve, however this is just
a matter of subsetting the model.

 	- Doug