TAP RFC [VOSI]

Dave Morris dave.morris at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Sep 29 08:30:02 PDT 2009

On 29/09/09 16:00, Alberto Micol wrote:

> I know that all this was already discussed in long TAP friendly
> conversations, but now I see
> that this same concept might get extended to other Access Protocols "in
> order to provide consistent interfaces",
> and this really scares me out of my wits.

I agree.
If the argument is that we should make everything consistent, are we
going suggest we add

	/sync?REQUEST=getCapabilities

to Registry or VOSpace next ?

My vote is for the REST style, and make it consistent for all of the
IVOA services.
The VOSI endpoints were originally intended as a uniform way to GET an
XML REpresentation of the STate of the service.

Dave