TAP RFC [VOSI]

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Thu Sep 24 10:14:14 PDT 2009

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, Guy Rixon wrote:

> I vote for using resources.
> I have a TAP implementation that has VOSI both as resources and via the
> REQUEST parameter.

Hence it is quite easy to support both approaches in an actual
implementation.  And since with VOSI an opaque URL is used to define
the VOSI endpoint in the registry, if an implementation wants to add a
REST URL to implement getCapabilities or other VOSI operation in their
service, applications which are based upon the VOSI interface will
automatically take that route.  So this is available in either case.
But if we remove REQUEST then it just breaks the REQUEST/VERSION
based interface model and there is no way of getting around it for
client applications which use that model.

 	- Doug