Boxes and Polygons in ADQL/STC. Questions and recommendation.

David Berry d.berry at jach.hawaii.edu
Thu Oct 29 13:40:33 PDT 2009

2009/10/25 Francois Ochsenbein <francois at vizier.u-strasbg.fr>:

> Hi Tom, Alberto,
>
> Maybe you could be interested in the Region class we developped
> for simbad; some javadoc can be found from
> http://cds.u-strasbg.fr/~francois/javadoc/

Likewise, you may be interested in a simple cgi-based demo of a few of
the things that the AST library allows you to do with STC-S regions.
It may be useful as a reference. The demo is at

http://starlink.jach.hawaii.edu/cgi-bin/ast/stcs-demo

It allows you to test STC-S regions for overlap, test points for
inclusion in an STC-S region, and draws the outline of an STC-S
region. STC-S support in AST is based on V1.33 of Arnold's STC-S note,
and includes support for the Union, Intersection, Not and Difference
operators introduced in V1.33.

David