[TAP RFC] reference needed

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 2 03:07:17 PDT 2009

Pat,

RUNID was originally proposed in VOSI as part of the log-harvesting
interface. We were going to use it to collate matching events in the
various logs.

Log harvesting is no longer part of the VOSI WD. If it ever gets
standardized in IVOA (and the last consensus I remember was that it
doesn't need to be an IVOA standard but could be standardized at
regional level, e.g. within VAO), then it will be separate from the
VOSI we're now using.

There are old drafts of VOSI including log harvesting and RUNID
references in the GWS-WG wiki, e.g. http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/IvoaGridAndWebServices/VOSupportInterfaces-0.24.pdf
  . IIRC, 0.24 was the last VOSI draft that includes this.

Mike's reference to UWS is more relevant nowadays.

Basically, it's just a string that gets logged. If you want TAP to
constrain the format you could do...but better not to, as other things
than TAP may support it.

Guy