indexing

Alex Szalay szalay at jhu.edu
Wed May 27 17:06:22 PDT 2009

This could be more subtle, e.g. if we have a three part composite key, how
would we note it? Say we have a primary key built on (run,camcol,field) just
to stay with SDSS,
The three of them together for an index, also if I filter on run, it would
use an index, but not if I used a filter on field alone. How would you
specify these columns in this case? Indexed or not? Or only run is indexed?

--Alex