Choice of mime type for VOTable

Petr Skoda skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz
Wed May 27 13:06:03 PDT 2009

I can confirm most of Alberto's behaviour on Debian Linux (lenny) :
Firofox 3, but difference is in Opera behaviour - which
renders mostly ascii

> On my mac the test shows a slightly different behaviour between firefox and
> safari
> especially wrt test 6 (test 3,4,5 are expectedly different) :

   Firefox/Linux  opera/linux mimetype

  1  <?xml...         <?xml...       text/plain
  2  ascii/csv        ascii/csv      text/html
  3  rendered xml     ascii          text/xml
  4  rendered xml     ascii          text/xml; contents=x-votable+xml
  5  rendered xml     ascii          text/xml;contents-x-votable+xml
  6  save             ascii          text/x-votable+xml
  7  save             ascii          application/x-votable+xml

My opera is fresh, firefox updated a month ago ...

*  Petr Skoda                         Phone : +420-323-649201, ext. 361 *
*  Stellar Department                         +420-323-620361           *
*  Astronomical Institute AS CR       Fax   : +420-323-620250           *
*  251 65 Ondrejov                    e-mail: skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz  *
*  Czech Republic                                                       *