[TAP] draft 0.42 (cleanup toward 0.5)

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Sat May 16 14:21:32 PDT 2009

On Sat, 16 May 2009, Patrick Dowler wrote:

> On Saturday 16 May 2009 13:27:24 you wrote:
> > I did a quick test with firefox, changing a cone search service to
> > return either "application/x-votable+xml" or "text/x-votable+xml"
> > (both were tried) instead of "text/xml;content=x-votable" as specified
> > by the SCS standard.  Firefox 3 popped up a dialog asking me what to
> > do with the file.  Hence while an external application like topcat
> > could be configured to view the file, it does not appear that either
> > of these suggested MIME types permit direct rendering of votable XML
> > in a browser.
>

> interesting - should be discussed at interop. Despite having made 0.5 draft
> consistent, the topic is still open :-)

It may take further research into the technology to resolve this
(rather than just discussing it for 5min in the interop).  I don't
have any more time at the moment but someone reading this may already
know of a solution.

A possible solution might be to use a stylesheet.  There are
some indications that stylesheet rendering can still be used for
"application/*+xml" MIME types.