content, format, ctype, or xtype ?

Francois Ochsenbein francois at vizier.u-strasbg.fr
Thu May 14 15:18:57 PDT 2009

Hi Alberto,

Just a precision about vizier (at the end of your message):
while coordinates in 'standard' frames are computed on the
fly, they are not actually stored (currently) in vizier.
I'm not a fan of adding gigabytes of computed data to gigabytes
of original data; and as far as celestial positions are concerned,
I would better promote a standardisation to a common reference frame
rather than asking every data provider to understand, compute
and eventually store positions in galactic, ecliptic, icrf, fk4,
etc etc...

--Francois