content, format, ctype, or xtype ?

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Mon May 4 09:49:09 PDT 2009

I think these have been two different discussions: one was how to
specify coordinate frame information in the TAP_SCHEMA (this is not
a votable specific issue), and the other was the problem I think we
are discussing here, which was the more general problem of how to
identify the representation used for an item in an arbitrary votable
field/param.  But the discussion we are having illustrates my point
that perhaps we don't yet understand well enough what problem we are
trying to solve.

 	- Doug