[TAP] data type for column metadata

Francois Ochsenbein francois at vizier.u-strasbg.fr
Tue Mar 24 03:03:48 PDT 2009

Well, that's typically why the utype attribute was introduced:
specify as accurately as possible what is the meaning of a parameter
vs a data model. For instance, an ISO time could be defined as
utype='stc:AstroCoords.Time.TimeInstant.ISOTime'
the stc prefix referring tp Space-Time coordinates
(there should therefore be at the top of the VOTable
a reference to the XML schema as:
  xmlns:stc="http://www.ivoa.net/xml/STC/stc-v1.30.xsd" )

Or do you think that this is not appropriate ?
Sure it looks complex, but Arnold would answer that
specifying accurately which time is used is complex...

Cheers, francois