[TAP] sync vs async - time outs

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 3 11:51:07 PST 2009

The TAP drafts so far don't define the TAP capability structure; it's
one of the important things left to do. A timeout parameter is a
reasonable thing to have. It won't be specified by VOSI - VOSI
doesn't define protocol-specific capabilities,  but VOSI lets you
read it directly from the service rather than from the registry.