relative fluxes

Alberto Micol alberto.micol at eso.org
Mon Jun 29 09:24:38 PDT 2009

Hi Randy,

I meant the format like for:

http://www.ucm.es/info/Astrof/fgkmsl/hd185395_hb_5.fit

(thanks Petr! very good collection of examples!)

where the primary header unit shows something like:

NAXIS = 1
NAXIS1 = 1024
CRPIX1 = 1
CRVAL1 = 4500 /[angstrom]
CDELT1 = 2.5 /[angstrom]

and the spectrum is stored in a 1d array of linear wavelengths.

Though is clear that additional VO metadata would be needed, that could
done at the level of the VOTABLE, leaving the FITS unchanged.

Thanks,
Alberto

--
Alberto Micol