relative fluxes

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 26 15:29:45 PDT 2009

Hi Guys -

Having a multiplicity of formats would be a problem as well.  I would
prefer to encourage client apps to update to the more powerful Spectrum
DM and its formats now that we have this.  We can down-convert on a
case by case basis to support legacy apps if necessary, but with the
introduction of the VO why not try to move to another level.

We can address the data provider issue with service frameworks.
If a data provider has a lot of spectra in 1D image format, lets add
support to a service framework (we could do this in the VAO DALServer
framework for example), and get those spectra up via SSA.  What major
spectral archives do we have that would benefit from such support?

 	- Doug