TAP1.0 Comments

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 15 15:15:35 PDT 2009

Hi Francois -

I wouldn't rule out the multiple tables option yet, but you need to
make a better case and we would need to think a lot more carefully
about how to provide such a feature.  Is the GDS query option not
enough? (I honestly can't tell yet from your responses).  Also I think
this really is getting to be a data model query, and not a classical
table query.  I probably requires some sort of POS,SIZE like query,
or maybe an expanded (as in GDS) query to fully address the problem.
We should understand this better before deciding on the best approach,
but I am sure a way can be found to provide this capability if it
has already been found to be popular with Vizier.

 	- Doug