PQL: inline upload will NOT be stored

Roy Williams roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Fri Jul 10 14:58:09 PDT 2009

I have looked through the PQL specification, and I agree with many of
the comments already made.

The one thing that disturbs me most is the idea the uploaded tables are
"the same" as other tables, since this makes no distinction between
tables that never get stored and those that get stored for for a long time.

What is NOT WANTED for the multicone query is that uploaded tables are
stored persistently, since this would imply that an authentication and
account is needed, meaning that mashup services and casual users will
not be able to use multicone in the simple way (request-response) that
we had hoped.

I think the PQL spec should say somewhere that:
"In-line uploaded tables will NOT be stored on the server. Users wishing
storage of tables should upload these separately."

Roy

--

California Institute of Technology
626 395 3670