TAP pas de deux

Keith Noddle ktn at star.le.ac.uk
Mon Feb 23 09:29:34 PST 2009

I have to agree with Ray - take your eye off the mailing list for any
length of time and interesting things happen that make you kick yourself
for missing them! I really pleased we've found a way forward; my thanks
to everyone who has worked so hard to make this happen.

Thinking about how we capitalise on what we have achieved whilst still
keeping things well and truly in the DAL public domain, I've asked Pat
to publish the source of the TAP documents so that folk can work on
words and meaning in the areas that concern them the most.

Treating the development of the TAP spec in the same fashion as that of
an Open Source project, I have also asked Pat to act as "document
integrator" (a sort of Linus Torvalds of TAP!) so that the various
contributions we are now seeing can be quickly discussed and (when
agreed) incorporated into the master copy of the TAP documents for all
to see.

I'm sure we are now close to finishing the substance of TAP - again my
thanks to all concerned.

Keith.

--
Keith Noddle                    Phone:  +44 (0)116 223 1894
AstroGrid Project manager       Fax:    +44 (0)116 252 3311
Leicester                       Email:  ktn at star.le.ac.uk
LE1 7RH, UK                     Web:    http://www.astrogrid.org