resuming progress on TAP

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 10 02:38:24 PST 2009

Hi Guys,

I guess what I don't understand is what exactly the motivation is behind
this suggestion to either take TAP into this two step process or to split
it into separate documents, besides that you like the idea.  What problems
is it meant to solve?  We have these last two integrated vesions, and as
I understand it some effort to further tweak the organization back around
early December.  Why, then, do we need to take a step backward?

It's not that I don't think there are issues--we know there are.  But what
are they?  I can't see how these new proposals will solve problems when
the problems have not been spelled out.  (I made my own attept to pull
some out in a previous message, but I was hoping others who have concerns
would explain what they are.

One concern of mine is that these proposals are effectively about *not*
talking about the issues.  If we can write down what they are, we can talk
about them.  If we can talk about them, we can propose solutions and
discern which direction to go.

cheers,
Ray