[TAP] field name attribute == column name

Francois Ochsenbein francois at vizier.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Apr 27 21:21:28 PDT 2009

Well, SQL does not place any restriction on column names
when names are enclosed within double quotes.
This way also keeps the case of column names, i.e.
  select "x", "X", "M/L" from mytable
is perfectly legal in SQL, and refers to 3 different columns.
Therefore quoting the FIELD's name attribute should work.
I'm not sure what happens if the name contains a quote, but
I guess the double-quoting is legal, e.g. a column named mag(r=5")
would become "mag(r=5"")" in the SQL command.

Personnally I would prefer the quoting way rather than imposing
contraints on column names (other than unicity within a single table).

Cheers, francois