[TAP] draft 0.42

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Apr 21 01:06:19 PDT 2009

I have just posted TAP 0.42 draft to the DAL WG page:

http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/TableAccess

In this draft:

* changes recently discussed for column metadata: use of ADQL types and a
table describing the mapping to/from VOTable (location: TBD, it is currently
in the first place it was needed to avopid refering to a later section)

* re-organised and consolidated some sections (eg table upload) so lots of
text did not have to be repeated

* simplified and clarified (+examples) the use of INFO elements for QUERY_STATUS
to indicate OK, ERROR, and OVERFLOW

* added a reference to the VOTable+STC IVOA Note and mentioned it's use in the
section on how VOTable is used in TAP; more can/should be added to make it
clear since we decided this would be the only source of coordinate system
metadata (for now anyway).

Since May is rapidly approaching, it would be great if those who participated
in the recent discussions could check the changes (added/deleted) to make sure
any changes in meaning agree with their understanding of the conclusion(s), as
well as see if the changes in organisation help or hurt... there are change-
bars so it should be easy enough to skim. After some feedback, I will be able
to accept/reject the changes (don't want too many hanging around too long, it
gets hard to read as a whole :-)

thanks,

Tel/Tél: (250) 363-0044
Canadian Astronomy Data Centre
National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9E 2M7

Centre canadien de donnees astronomiques
Conseil national de recherches Canada
5071, chemin West Saanich
Victoria (C.-B.) V9E 2M7