Spectral cutout service

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 2 18:58:58 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, Douglas Tody wrote:
> So the real question is how to distinguish a cutout-type SSA service
> in the registry?  Note we already have a registry Capability schema
> for SSA 1.0.  Offhand I don't recall the details, but this would
> be the place to put this information, and we would not have to wait
> for getCapabilities.  Normally one wants to find cutout services via
> the registry before going to the service in any case.
>
> This would be a good thing to look into by the time of the interop.

Taking a quick look at my old copy of the SSA registry capability
schema I see that we put a "creationType" element in there.  If this
has the value "cutout" then we would have a cutout service.  For most
current services the value would be "archival" (see the SSA doc for
a full list of the allowed values).  How one would specify this bit
of metadata in a registry query I have no idea; maybe someone else
can answer that.  But it should already be possible to specify a SSA
cutout service, both in the registry and in the SSA query response
describing an available spectrum.