VODataService becoming WD, then PR

glemson gerard.lemson at mpe.mpg.de
Wed Nov 19 11:05:16 PST 2008

HI Pat
Thanks for your reply, it was not clear to me from the current draft how to
interpret the native SL. Your explanation does take this away as a reason to
have SQL data types in the metadat.

It leaves my questions about ADQL (non-)use of data types.
What was the reason that SQL92's <data type> was left out of ADQL?
Same for CAST and create table statements.
Is there the possibility these might one time be introduced?
Related, are the VOTable datatypes rich enough to represent all SQL
datatypes (I have not done the comparison, has anyone)?

Thanks

Gerard