SIAV2 scope and concepts

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Sun May 18 12:25:11 PDT 2008

Hi DALers-

A document summarizing the current state of our thinking regarding the
scope, approach, and concepts for SIAV2 is now available on the DAL SIA
TWiki page.  You can find it at

    http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/SiaInterface/SIA-V2-Analysis.pdf

This will be part of what we discuss regarding SIAV2 at the DAL WG
session later this week, however this session will be fairly brief and
we can have more detailed discussions elsewhere during the meeting and
in subsequent email.

Note SIAV2 is closely linked to SSA and also has quite a bit of overlap
with what is planned for TAP - the service interface and Grid capabilities
in particular are much the same for all three, and the query interface is
very similar for both SIAV2 and SSA.  Hence some familiarity with SSA,
including the form of the service interface, the query parameters and
query response, and the underlying data models, will be very relevant
to understanding what is proposed for SIAV2 as well.