SSA schema to be released

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 28 04:37:25 PST 2008

Hi SSA enthusiasts and registry providers,

Responding to the call for comments, Doug brought a number of changes to
the internal working draft for the extension schema which you can find at
http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SsaResourceSchema.  The vast
majority of the changes were in the documentation, but I will note a few
that are not:

   o  defaultMaxRecords and maxAperture no longer apply to the early
      prototype SSA services (described with the ProtoSpectralAccess
      capability type).

   o  the supportedFrame element has been reinstated

   o  maxFileSize is now expressed in kilobytes (instead of bytes) for
      consistency with the SSA interface.

If there are no cries of protest, I will release this version as a
external working draft on Monday.  This means that a copy of the schema
will be posted at http://www.ivoa.net/xml.

cheers,
Ray