SSAP clients for theoretical spectra

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 12 13:55:34 PDT 2007

Hi Miguel -

The key thing here is what is the data which is returned.  If it is
some well-defined type such as a spectrum or image, it would be best
to use an interface like SSA or SIA.  If you have multiple components
which can be represented as spectra, then you can use SSA, adding an
Association to associate the component spectra which are available.
If you are returning more general theory data as a simple table then
possibly that could be done with TAP if the parameter interface were
general enough to permit extension (it is an interesting suggestion),
but this might also be getting into the realm of what has been called
SNAP, for real theory data.

	- Doug