TAP information schema

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 12 06:50:17 PDT 2007

All the second generation data access services will need integration of
Grid capabilities including UWS (SIA V2 in particular, but all of them
ultimately).  Since these are a family of closely related services
it should be done in a consistent matter throughout.  The intention
has always been that UWS will be used for this (e.g., the standard UWS
interactions could be used once a job is running), however how the job
is initiated may need to be tailored to the individual service, since
a service query impliclitly defines the job in terms of what is to be
produced.  While capabilities such as asynchronous execution, VOSpace,
authentication, etc. are needed for the second generation services,
is remains important that basic usage should still be simple.  - Doug