gzipped images in SIAP 1.0 (fwd)

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Wed May 30 12:44:08 PDT 2007

On Wed 2007-05-30T12:15:45 -0700, Rob Seaman hath writ:
> The bigger question is whether the FITS community is ready for a
> registry of conventions.

The IAUFWG is aware that the IAU has indicated that they see the FITS
and VO communities as fated to merge, at least as far as IAU oversight
is concerned.  The chair of the IAUFWG is working diligently on the
registrations of conventions with this in mind.  As Buffy said in the
season 6 episode "DoubleMeat Palace" -- "Variety is the spice of bad"
just before she was told "It's a process".

> For instance, what does:

> (or Transfer-Encoding) require of the client?  I won't further
> belabor the discussions to date.

Doctor, it hurts when I do this.
Well don't do that.

--
Steve Allen                 <sla at ucolick.org>                WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory        Natural Sciences II, Room 165    Lat  +36.99855