[Fwd: VOTimeSeries]

Enrique Solano Marquez esm at laeff.inta.es
Fri Jun 29 06:32:29 PDT 2007

Dear Roy, Dal and DM People,

Please find below a brief description of a service providing light
curves in the VO.

Hoping this helps,

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Enrique Solano
LAEFF-Spanish VO
P.O. Box 78,
28691 Villanueva de la Cañada,
Madrid, Spain.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OMC VO Service of Light Curves

In mid 2006 the LAEFF/Spanish Virtual Observatory registered the OMC SSA
service. This service provides access to the light curves produced by
the OMC camera on board INTEGRAL.

The OMC SSA service may be found at:
http://sdc.laeff.inta.es/omc/jsp/ssap.jsp

It mainly makes use of the SSAP protocol Version 0.91 and Spectrum Data
Model Version 0.95. However it will be adapted to the new
recommendations in the near future.

The service may be queried by several input parameters: the standard POS
and SIZE parameters, object name (any of the registered in SIMBAD),
sampling time, centroid method, minimum desired number of points in the
resulting light curves, temporal coverage... An example of a typical
query may be found here:
http://sdc.laeff.inta.es/omc/jsp/ssap.jsp?pos=10,10&size=5

The service return a VOTable with standard information such as  the
title of the observation, name of the target, coordinates, time bounds,
and number of samples. The URL of each data product is also provided.
The data products consists of a VOTable containing the light curve and
all the relevant information about it. Here is an example of a light
curve returned by the system:
http://sdc.laeff.inta.es:80/omc/secure/fetch_lcurve.jsp?obj_id=9800&lct_id=0001&output_format=votable

In this data products much of the information defined by the Spectrum
Data Model for time series may be found: the time and flux axis,
information about the system used for the time axis (time type, equal to
MJD, zero point of timescale, reference position) and for the flux axis,
exposure time, coordinate system, bandpass of the instrument, etc...