DALServer V0.1 information (SSAP, DAL)

Markus Dolensky Markus.Dolensky at eso.org
Fri Jan 26 07:44:19 PST 2007

Dear Doug and co-workers,

>     o    Keyword factories are provided for the SSAP and Spectrum data
>     models, based on a form of automatic code generation from a
>     common data model (ssap-keywords.xls/csv).  This frees the

Thanks a lot for putting this out! What about a more explicit utype
namespace definition such as

<VOTABLE
   xmlns="http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOTable/v1.1"
   xmlns:ssa="http://www.ivoa.net/xml/SSA/ssa-v1.0.xsd"
   xmlns:sdm="http://www.ivoa.net/xml/SpectrumDM/sdm-v1.0.xsd"
   xmlns:stc="http://www.ivoa.net/xml/STC/stc-v1.30.xsd"
   xmlns:char="urn:vo-characterization"

<FIELD utype="ssa:Access.Reference" ... />
<FIELD utype="stc:AstroCoordSystem.CoordFrame.PositionAngle" ... />

It's clear that these utype-pseudo namespaces aren't real in the XML
sense, however, an IVOA registry validation tool could still perform a
consistency check against the proper versions of Schema with only little
additional code to be added. Note that in above example model items are
'borrowed' from other data models (e.g.
stc:AstroCoordSystem.CoordFrame.PositionAngle).

Cheers,
Markus

p.s. I know this is also a votable-, dm-, etc. -issue but given that
subscription overlaps to a high degree I refrain from annoying
recipients with multiple copies that such a x-post would generate.