call for presentations at the Data Model sessions in Cambridge , September 2007

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Tue Aug 28 10:17:06 PDT 2007

Roy Williams wrote:
> Mireille Louys wrote:
>> Are there topics you would like to present at the next Interop ,
>> during the DM sessions? Feel free to send me your suggestions .
>
> I suggest: How to represent a light curve with a VOTable. (But so a
> simple thing remains simple).

Agreed.

With the arrival of Google Sky to the VO arena I think we should
probably also look at the possibility of adopting KML as an IVOA
standard. I'm currently in the process of converting some of my web
services that are returning VOTables to (optionally) return a KML
file instead. I'm probably not alone there...

Al.
--
Dr. A. Allan, School of Physics, University of Exeter
eSTAR Project, http://www.estar.org.uk/