Complex data, Cube data

Arnold Rots arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Mon May 15 12:05:32 PDT 2006

Several months ago I sent some examples of how STC elements would give
a proper metadata description of data cubes and how to ask for such a
cube using STC metadata.
Could that information be merged into what you are doing in this area?

Thanks,

  - Arnold

Doug Tody wrote:
> I uploaded a couple of documents to the meeting TWiki page which provide
> some background on the issue of complex data and cube data access which
> we have been studying recently as part of SIA upgrade planning.
>
> The short document
>
>      http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/InterOpMay2006DAL/cube.pdf
>
> which is adapted from a recent report, provides a high level summary of
> the overall problem and what is proposed.
>
> The older document
>
>      http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/InterOpMay2006DAL/3D-use-cases.pdf
>
> is a copy of the data cube use-case analysis performed back in February.

Arnold H. Rots                                Chandra X-ray Science Center
60 Garden Street, MS 67                              fax:  +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu