CreationType

Alberto Micol Alberto.Micol at eso.org
Mon Dec 18 05:47:42 PST 2006

Dear Doug,

I'm back onto the DataID.CreationType definition.

Within the Hubble Legacy Archive umbrella, the STECF is generating
1D extracted spectra out of slitless grism images taken with HST/NICMOS.
We have a full pipeline to be able to do a proper job, that is, those
spectra
are not generated on-the-fly by an SSA service. We are about to
archive all
those 1D spectra individually.
Access is going to be provided via an SSA, *without any further
manipulation*.

So, the question is:
what DataID.DataSource and DataID.CreationType to assign to these
products?

My immediate reaction was 'custom' and 'spectral extraction', but
then I recalled
the attached email exchange. (recap: SSA0.97 tells us to specify here
only the type
of processing actually applied by the VO service itself, which in
this case
is NONE)

What would you think it would be the most logical (if any) DataSource
and
CreationType in this case?

Many thanks,

Alberto