DAL sessions in Victoria

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 25 09:50:52 PDT 2006

It is time to start planning the DAL sessions for the Victoria meeting.
Currently we are aware of the following topics:

     DAL-related data models (joint with DM)
 	- includes Characterization, spectral data models, UTYPE issues, etc.
     Spectral Data
 	- goal is to make final changes to draft SSA 1.0 specification
 	- updated version of SLAP (spectral line) interface
     SIA upgrade planning and related topics
 	- handling of cube data
 	- complex data (including generic dataset proposal)
 	- accessing data by time range

If anyone would like to make a presentation on these topics, or
suggest a new topic to be included, please let me know ASAP so that
we can prepare the draft schedule.  Currently we have scheduled five
90-minute sessions, two joint with DM, however this can probably
still be adjusted if we need more or less time.

Updated documents in the above areas are in preparation and will be
distributed in advance of the meeting.

The organizing committee has also made a general suggestion to all
working groups to consider including a discussion of implementations
of existing standards.  Presentations in this area will be considered
if there is time.   - Doug