Kyoto Meeting

Masatoshi OHISHI masatoshi.ohishi at nao.ac.jp
Tue May 10 09:50:32 PDT 2005

Hi VOQL and DAL people,

Here is a revised program of two VOQL sessions. Because I misunderstood
allocated time for our sessions, now you have sufficient time to talk and to
discuss.

Session 1 (May 16, 14:00-17:30)

AI 1.1. Report on Implementation Status of ADQL / SkyNode
    I would like to ask the following people to talk (30 min each including
discussion).
    Please include your experience and findings on the interoprability of ADQL and
      Skynode

       Wil O'Mullane (USA) -- ADQL, SkyNode
           presentation on ADQL-0.91 and so on

       Yuji Shirasaki (Japan) -- ADQL, SkyNode in Java
            implementation technologies, problems found and proposals to fix them

       Inaki Ortiz (Spain) -- SkyNode in Java
            implementation technologies, problems; spherical coordinate issue, etc.

     <Coffee Break>

AI 1.2 Implementation of the multi-archive multi-catalogue cross-matcher
application
       Gerard Lemson (Germany) -- 30 minutes including discussion

AI 1.3 Discussion if we can promote ADQL-0.9x and SkyNode 0.7x towards
           Proposed Recommendations (40 min)

Session 2 (May 17, 09:00 - 12:00) -- joint session with the DAL group

AI 2.1. Experimental Integration of SIAP, SSAP and SkyNode through the
     "Virtual Columns"
     Yuji Shirasaki (Japan)  40 min

AI 2.2. Discussion on Collaborative Work between VOQL and DAL

              Platform support issues of ADQL, Java support etc.
                Doug Tody (USA) ?

              Road map on future collaborative work

               40 min

       <Coffee Break>

AI 3. Any Other Business (Future work, etc.)
              30 min

See you next week in Kyoto.

    Masatoshi