TOP and SCORE

Arnold Rots arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 26 12:04:10 PDT 2005

Doug,

I noticed in your presentation at the NVO team meeting that there are
two query parameters that overlap between SIAP and SSAP: SCORE and TOP.
They represent the same concept; to amke it worse, "TOP" is an allowed
value of SCORE.  I think that is confusing and undesirable.

I would suggest that TOP be dropped and SCORE be used in both cases.
If it is considered important to allow a service to return a number of
records other than 1 or ALL, one might consider allowing an integer
value for SCORE (as for TOP), in addition to "ALL" and "TOP".

Cheers,

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                Chandra X-ray Science Center
60 Garden Street, MS 67                              fax:  +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu