STC Version 1.10

Arnold Rots arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 5 11:48:12 PST 2005

With apologies for the wide distribution - many of you will get
multiple copies of this message.  But STC does touch on many areas.

STC Version 1.10 has been posted at ivoa.net.

The Working Draft and the schemata have been modified following
comments, mainly by Anita Richards and David Berry.

The most important changes:

  Pixel Space specification
  Allow UNKNOWN for certain elements
  Allow ranges for Coordinate components other than Name and Value
  Provide for the specification of rest frequencies
  Improved generalization, inheritance, polymorphism
  Added AllSky to Region shapes

In addition, I have compiled a document that describes the XML
implementation.
This really completes the first release.  I consider this
implementation a stable version and do not envision any drastic
changes until Version 2.0.

And I have created a project page at us-vo.org:

	http://us-vo.org/projects/project.cfm?ID=62

There will be a poster on STC V1.10 at the AAS special session, next week.

Cheers,

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                Chandra X-ray Science Center
60 Garden Street, MS 67                              fax:  +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu

----- End of forwarded message from Arnold Rots -----
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu