3D data model: plan

Francois Bonnarel bonnarel at alinda.u-strasbg.fr
Fri Feb 18 04:02:30 PST 2005

Dear Igor,
    The discussion of yestarday was really interesting.
    Anyway, I think there was a small misunderstanding about
    point 3 )

<  3) As Francois proposes me, I'll try to add the necessary features to the
<      Characterisation data model to be able to deal with the IFU data.
<      I'll do my best to finish this (with a help of Francois) before the
<      end of March

     My proposal was for you to review the predraft of the
Characterization from the 3D point of view. "Can an IFU be Characterized" with the present status of characterization or not, and if not
what can we do with the minimum change to do it.

<  4) At this point it will be clear (hopefully) what we need to have in the
<      3D data model, and whether we need it separated from more general DMs
<      (Characterization and Observation), and it would be possible to start
<      the real work on the document draft.
<
<Do you agree on such a plan?
   I am afraid it will not go so fast, before we would have to
finalize SED and Characterization first (up to recommendation) .

By the way  I would like to (kindlyand just for next time) caution
you about copying such mail about an informal discussion who at
least had to be validated by Doug/and or jonathan as leaders of
the groups to the dm list.

Just because this can add confusion to the people not aware of all
the details

Cheers
François

Francois   Bonnarel               Observatoire Astronomique de Strasbourg
CDS (Centre de donnees          11, rue de l'Universite
astronomiques de Strasbourg)    F--67000 Strasbourg (France)

Tel: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 11       WWW: http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/people/fb.html
Fax: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 25       E-mail: bonnarel at astro.u-strasbg.fr