[Quantity]: Reinventing the wheel?? (Was: Re: Handling data cubes in VO

Brian Thomas thomas at astro.umd.edu
Mon Dec 26 19:06:03 PST 2005

	Ugh.

	I hate to see this coming up in this context. This is work that has already
	been broached by the work by the Quantity group. I suggest taking look
	at the various online documentation.

	So to answer one of Roy's questions directly: Yes this in implementable. It
	has been done by the Quantity DM component, and has a realization in
	the QML/VOQDM Java packages which I have written (http://www.data-model.net)

	Why are we reinventing the wheel on this?

	=brian