SSAmples

Markus Dolensky Markus.Dolensky at eso.org
Tue Sep 21 06:55:27 PDT 2004

Hi Jonathan and Doug,

To pick up the string here's a new version of the 'ssample' file:
http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/IvoaDAL/ssample1.xml

Apart from the changes discussed in August
(http://www.ivoa.net/forum/dal/0408/date.htm) the following bits are open:

1) inclusion of STC

2) my suggestion to use absolute UTYPES to enhance readibility and simplify parsing
   Doug?

3) apparently SegmentType "composite" was replaced by "Photometry":
Is this making my example which combines SED, 1dSpectrum and a time series
invalid or is "Photometry" purely a different label for "composite"?

4) Clarification bout VALUES/OPTION in PARAM/FIELD:
It belongs to the metadata response which is out of scope of this discussion.
They're in the sample file as in-line documentation making it easier to take
those files as templates when creating new services. Other than that those
elements are optional.

***

About VOTable sample in http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~jcm/vo/docs/spec.html:

5) FIELDref.ref is linked to FIELD.name instead of FIELD.ID

6) DataID.DataDate is used instead of DataID.Date as in table of section 5.5 of
http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~jcm/vo/docs/spec.html

Greetings,
Markus