SED data model v0.92

Ed Shaya edward.j.shaya.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Nov 18 06:28:59 PST 2004

Jonathan,
    I am just beginning to look at theSED document.  I do not see where
one can place an error on each individual point.  Have I missed it?
This would be needed if there is a complex procedure by which the SED is
produced (say dozens of  partially overlapping spectra are combined to
produce a grand SED) and one does not wish to reproduce the procedure to
get an error bar on a particular point.  In fact, one can easily imagine
that SEDs will often be exactly this, cause otherwise one may be better
off with a simpler set of spectra.

Secondly, you have for upper limit information:

"If the data provider has only upper limit information, it should be
represented by setting the flux value and the lower error value equal to
the limit. "

But what about the postiiveError limit?  Is it then set to zero?
Also, the lower error value should be called the negativeError value
since it can be lower or  greater  than the positiveError limit.

Finally, for now, I think redshiftError and redshiftConfidence should be
children of redshift (in the XML Schema), as all good quantities should.

Ed