New UCD1+ for SIA protocol

Arnold Rots arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 26 12:35:11 PST 2004

Sebastien,

Yes, I had noticed that one but thought that maybe it should be
preserved for a more formal and precise quality or, more specifically,
the quality of the data.  For instance, when you have two exposures,
one of 1000 s and one of 100000 s, the score of the latter may be
higher, even though the quality of the data in the former may be better.
What it amounts to is that score and quality are notr quite the same
concept.  Data quality is a component but not the only thing that
goes into a score.

  - Arnold

Sebastien Derriere wrote:
> Arnold Rots wrote:
> >
> > SIAP 1.1:
> >
> > I had asked that SCORE (used to be GRADE) be included in the list of
> > optional input and output parameters and there seemed to be agreement
> > that it is a useful thing.
>
>   Hello Arnold,
>
>   If this SCORE is added to the parameters, there is one UCD that
> could be used:   meta.code.qual is a quality/precision/reliability
> index or flag.
>
> Sebastien.
>
> --
>     _______
>    /  ~   /, Sebastien Derriere   mailto:derriere at astro.u-strasbg.fr
>   / ~~~~ //  Observatoire de Strasbourg    Phone +33 (0) 390 242 444
>  /______//   11, rue de l'universite     Telefax +33 (0) 390 242 417
> (______(/    F-67000 Strasbourg  France

Arnold H. Rots                                Chandra X-ray Science Center
60 Garden Street, MS 67                              fax:  +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu