New UCD1+ for SIA protocol

Doug Tody dtody at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Mar 25 07:59:16 PST 2004

Taking this one step further: if we start inventing UCDs which are nothing
more than the names of data model attributes, this may indicate that
something is wrong.  Perhaps what we should be doing is using UTYPE
to define the data model attribute or interface element (if there is one),
and UCD to say something about the quantity given as the value.
For example, if the UTYPE is something like image.scale, then the UCD
might define the type of physical quantity including units.  Currently
we try to fix the quantity/units, but there are cases where this needs
to vary even though we are talking about a single data model attribute.

	- Doug