New UCD1+ for SIA protocol

Alberto Micol Alberto.Micol at eso.org
Wed Mar 24 14:19:34 PST 2004

Dear Doug,

Yes, I completely agree with all you said, and understand the
normalisation of UCDs;
my only objection was on the UCD name not to be linked to the
instrument (instr.scale)
but to the pos.wcs. That is, I'm proposing:

instr.scale to be replaced by pos.wcs.scale

for all the reasons I already reported.
Sorry not to have been too clear the first time.

Alberto

PS: I understand from Brian that also my comment ("not helping anybody
out there")
was misunderstood: I was in no way criticising the normalisation, which
in fact I like.
It looks like this is not my day, better I close here and go to bed ...