SIAP details

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 7 04:52:26 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm implementing a SIAP service and I have some questions about the
specification.

1. How must the URLs for image query and image retreival be related to be
valid?  Currently, I have http://my.server/path/to/siap/queryImage
and http://my.server/path/to/siap/getImage, i.e. the two web methods are
siblings; is this valid?

2. If the implementation does not support the INTERSECT parameter, what
constraints are placed on how I determine the relevant data?  Can I just pick
one of the values of INTERSECT and implement that?

3. How do we deal with lacunarity?  My data has groups of four images with
gaps between them.  Is it OK to check for intersection of the ROI and the
overall footprint and disregard the cases where the ROI falls into one of the
gaps?

4. Is there an official version of the SIAP standard on the IVOA site?  I've
only found

http://us-vo.org/pubs/files/ACF8DE.pdf

Cheers,
Guy

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523