Contribution to SIA evolution

Markus Dolensky Markus.Dolensky at eso.org
Thu Oct 2 04:15:15 PDT 2003

Hi Francois,

The condensed notation based on some URI templates makes sense. For the
implementation we might consider XPATH (http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath).

 > <TD><![CDATA[http:/...?type=$SERVICETYPE&mode=$MODE&comp=$COMPRESSION...]]></TD>

Has anybody tried to generate URIs dynamically based on the values of VOTABLE
cells yet?

For small sets of possible parameter values one could probably use entities,
but for other parameters with a wide range of possible values that's not
practical. So again, XPATH is the only solution I can think of right now if we
want to stick to some off the shelf solution.

 > c Geometry: We propose to use the SIAP 1.0 IGP as variables in the

What does IGP stand for?

Cheers,
Markus

+---
| Markus Dolensky   Mailto:Markus.Dolensky at eso.org
| AVO Technical Lead          Web: www.euro-vo.org
| Voice: ++49 89 32006/261  Fax: ++49 89 32006/480
+---