AVO Metadata-tree : Overview and Documentation

Francois Bonnarel bonnarel at alinda.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Jul 3 13:04:56 PDT 2003

A new version (1.0) of this document allready sent on these lists before
the Cambridge meeting has been installed yesterday by Mark Allen and I
on the AVO Twiki.
See:
http://www.euro-vo.org/internal/Main/MetadataTree/MetadataTree_v1.txt
and
http://www.euro-vo.org/internal/Main/MetadataTree/annotated_example

This AVO metadata-tree experiment (as a concrete application of the
IDHA data model -http://alinda.u-strasbg.fr/IDHA/lastmodel)
which will again be present in the AVO Sydney demo
is NOT in competition with SIAP. It is just a different experiment
started  in parallel to help  in image metadata exchanging.
We had extensive discussions here at CDS with Doug which show
that we will probably succeed in converging in the future.

The AVO Sydney demo interface is also a client for SIAP servers.

Regards
François Bonnarel

Francois   Bonnarel               Observatoire Astronomique de Strasbourg
CDS (Centre de donnees          11, rue de l'Universite
astronomiques de Strasbourg)    F--67000 Strasbourg (France)

Tel: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 11       WWW: http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/people/fb.html
Fax: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 25       E-mail: bonnarel at astro.u-strasbg.fr