IVOA WG data access layer

Markus Dolensky Markus.Dolensky at eso.org
Fri Apr 4 05:09:38 PST 2003

 > [...] Data modelers (DM) provide the
 > necessary definitions and data structures. The registry is our
 > directory. Meta data are dealt with in the UCD group. VOQL provides a
 > query mechanism and the data format is VOTable.

Hence, DAL will have interaction with ALL the other WGs. We should be
prepared to give all of them input (requirements) and we should also be
prepared to accept certain constraints to stay within the framework they
(the other 5 WGs) are setting within their scope.

We need a plenary session in Cambridge ...

... in order to review the scope of all the WGs and to see whether
things need some re-arrangement or not. That's why the chair of the POC
is on the CC list.

Doug, Tony:
In that context it might be worthwhile trying to map the existing system
architectures of NVO and Astrogrid*  with the  WG breakdown. If on top
of that we also have the names of those who work on the individual parts
of a project on one side as well as the applicable standards (WGs) on
the other side we would then know who should keep in touch with whom.

Markus

*) Astrogrid is defining the AVO grid architecture