JSAMP update

Pierre Le Sidaner pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
Thu Mar 14 09:33:59 CET 2024

Thanks Mark

This is very good news, as samp is widely used. Could you give a
presentation to Interop on this development?

Regards

Pierre

On 13/03/2024 14:45, Mark Taylor via apps wrote:
> Hi apps,
>
> as promised in my email of a couple of days ago I have made an
> update JSAMP release, v1.3.8, with modifications that enable
> the Hub Web Profile implementation to cope with Private Network
> Access-related restrictions in (at least) recent versions of
> Google Chrome.
>
> If you are bundling a JSAMP hub with your application, you are
> advised to upgrade to this newer version.
>
> You can find jsamp-1.3.8.jar athttps://www.star.bristol.ac.uk/mbt/jsamp/
> or on the Maven central repository under groupId uk.ac.starlink
> (https://central.sonatype.com/artifact/uk.ac.starlink/jsamp).
> This release does not include a signed jar file; I'm not sure I can
> do much about that, but if that fact inconveniences anybody I'd
> at least be interested to know.
>
> This is the first JSAMP release since 2019 and although it still
> works it's looking a bit old and creaky - no generics and the
> build is currently done using javac 1.4 source and target flags,
> which are unsupported in recent JDK versions.
> I *may* make a new release with the API updated to use generics
> in the forseeable future (if you're keen to see that, feel free
> to lobby me).
>
> Mark
>

> --
> Mark Taylor  Astronomical Programmer  Physics, Bristol University, UK
> m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk           https://www.star.bristol.ac.uk/mbt/

      	     		   Pierre Le Sidaner
                      Observatoire de Paris - PSL

Direction Informatique de l'Observatoire
Directeur technique de Paris Astronomical Data Centre
tel : 01 40 51 20 82
77 Av Denfert Rochereau 75014 Paris

mailto:pierre.lesidaner at observatoiredeparis.psl.eu
http://dio.obspm.fr   http://padc.obspm.fr