Generic FIELD/PARAM metadata items in VOTable

Baptiste Cecconi baptiste.cecconi at obspm.fr
Thu May 25 07:37:11 CEST 2023

HI all,

(I reply to this message, but I have read the more recent messages).

My first thought when Pierre mentioned the issue to me (I just registered on the Apps list), was the solution proposed by FX, use GROUP/PARAM to define things and refer to them in FIELD.

However as the Semantics chair, I must admit that I like a lot the RDFa-like solution in a <META ...> element. Even if it is not yet a fully RDFa annotation, it drives us towards the right direction for wider interoperability (like, e.g., reuse of non-IVOA ontologies/vocabularies).

Anyway, thanks Markus for your last talk as a chair, and for staying around.

Cheers
Baptiste